Tiverton Municipal Ordinance
Sec. 34-28. - Registration required; application contents.
(a) Any alarm system which is in use prior to the passage of the ordinance from which this article derives must be registered with the police department.
(b) Registration with the police department shall be required prior to the installation of any new alarm system.
(c) Registration applications shall include the following information:
(1) The name, home address and telephone number of the applicant;
(2) The name, address and phone number of the alarm company which services and maintains the alarm system, if the alarm is not serviced or maintained by the applicant; and/or
(3) The name, address and phone numbers of at least two emergency contact people who can gain entrance to the property and turn off the alarm system, which information shall be updated yearly.
Sec. 34-29. - Permit.
(a) Required. Permits shall be required as follows:
(1) A permit shall be required prior to the installation of any direct connect alarm systems.
(2) A permit shall be required within 60 days of the effective date of the ordinance from which this article derives for any direct connect alarm system which is in use on the effective date of the ordinance from which this article derives.
(3) Failure to obtain such a permit will result in a fine which shall be set and may be amended from time to time by the council.
(b) Application. Application shall be made as follows:
(1) Application shall be made by a subscriber to the police chief or fire chief, as appropriate, on a form approved by them.
(2) At the time of application, the subscriber shall pay the currently required application fee and all other fees in full.
(3) The police chief or fire chief shall issue a permit if the application is complete and signed, all fees are paid and the chief determines that the alarm system to be installed meets the requirements of this article, any rules and regulations as may be promulgated by either or both departments and state law.
Alarms may be registered at the Tiverton Police Department. Please complete the “Alarm Registration Form” and bring the form to the Records Division. The Records Division hours are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. If you have any further questions about alarm registration, please contact the Senior Records Clerk, Ms. Catherine Vieira , at
The registration cost is $50.00. Cash, Check or money order only. Please make check out to “Tiverton Police Department.”
Alarm Registration Form
Simply click the Adobe button below to view/download the file.